I’ve missed you. As you may have noticed, I haven’t been blogging for a bit. It’s probably safe to say that if I am not blogging, I’ve been sucked in by the vacuum of everyday life. And if I have been sucked in, I’m not happy and don’t really feel like talking about it. It’s all very simple.
But today is a new day. The sun is shining, the weather is cooler, I’m still in my pajamas and drinking caffeinated coffee. I have so much to tell you! I don’t know where to begin. And I think the best way to do that might be a list, as boring as that seems.
- This blog is truly the best thing that ever happened to the Internet (ok, maybe not, but it’s LOL worthy). I know that it’s old news, but I’m sharing it because most of my friends didn’t know about it!
- On Tuesday, Andrea and I sat next to Jake Gyllenhaal at a café. I really feel like it couldn’t get any better than that until he bent over to pick up his bag, which was by my right foot. He mumbled something like, “sorry, excuse me” and I instinctively moved aside. This was a totally blush-worthy moment. Thank God I did not look down and bonk my head with his! It reminded me of when I started dating my husband. It felt like the sun was shining on me for the first time in my life. My heart melted. I probably glowed :). But while blush comes and goes, changes of the heart last forever.
- I’ve just started reading Anna Quindlen’s Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake upon recommendation of my father. Despite the long road we’ve had together, it’s these little things that remind me of how much my parents know and love me.
- Wanted: A good pair of scissors! In my personal life, I feel that I have made many important breakthroughs and realizations. Now is the season of cutting the strings in my life. I have allowed myself, for too long, to be a marionette. This is also a season of leaving behind the aspirations of a “perfect” life. There’s so much more to experience and explore. An adventure awaits!
- And finally!!! A secret! And honestly, since I would die if you told me you had a secret you could not tell, I will tell half of it (which might be just as cruel of me to only tell half!). I am planning a trip (sans family!) for early 2013. I am so excited about it. I don’t want to say so until it’s all booked, but just the thought of it makes me happy today. I feel that I needed to tell you so I can know that it’s real.